48. MORE PLANS FOR A REVIVAL

Frankie breaking up dry clay in her workshop
The year 2010 is nearly over and I am thinking again of getting my pottery workshop off the ground.

With the aim to provide for a stressless enjoyable environment with pottery making as a theme, but not as a structured course, I'm thinking of opening up from May to October 2011 to holiday makers like I did in 2002 and 2003. The pottery activity will be limited to beginners only and I'll deal with them.

However as I do need help, I have registered with HelpExchange as a Host to recruit Helpers.

Since I am able to live in another village, the house attached to the pottery studio in St Civran can be made available to Helpers. The way I see it, there will be a 'caretaker' in the house staying for the season from May to October. He will look after the place and welcome anyone turning up, either hobby potters or tourists passing by or other Helpers arriving for a short stay. As I see it, the house would have a nice atmosphere with people happy to share travel stories, a drink or a meal, and always neat.

In 2002 I tried to do all the jobs on my own, the welcoming in the house, the teaching in the pottery studio, the advising where to stay and so on. It was exhausting and as I'm a bit older now, I just would not cope on my own. A 'caretaker' will make it so much easier for me.

The publicity to attract people to the workshop is done by internet. As this takes quite some time, I do need someone to help me with that too. A Helper with advanced knowledge and experience on handling e-publicity is needed.

That way my job will be limited to come to the workshop and take charge of 3 beginner hobby potters. This I can do.

What I dread, of course, is all the administrative stuff I will have to deal with.

Comments

Popular Posts