4. CREATING A WEBSITE

While getting work done on the old barn to turn it into a pottery studio, I spent time in October 2001 figuring out a website. It was going to be the only way to get people to know about my venture and to invite them to come.

I enjoyed doing that! I designed a few pages and then turned to a professional to launch it on the web. The difficulty was to find someone. Either there were terribly expensive professionals, or a long list of various names of would-be webmasters. Eventually I found a leaflet advertising such services on a local bar zinc top. I thought if a guy made the effort to come all the way to this bar to advertise for his web services, he must be believing in what he was doing. It turned out to be a webmaster from Orleans, the capital city of the Centre Region, who was trying to expand. His website, DataNet, is now hosting a number of local portals like Indre.net where one can find info in French on the area.

My site was called stcivran-poterie dot com

Comments

Popular Posts